Date:      Wed, 6 Dec 2000 08:27:57 +0100
From:      Burbaickij Ariel <Ariel.Burbaickij@erl9.siemens.de>
To:        "'wpaul@FreeBSD.ORG'" <wpaul@freebsd.org>
Cc:        "'freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org>
Subject:   AW: Observing troubles trying to install via FTP using Compaq Net elli gent 10/100 .Please help

-----Urspr=FCngliche Nachricht-----
Von: wpaul@FreeBSD.ORG [mailto:wpaul@FreeBSD.ORG]
Gesendet am: Mittwoch, 6. Dezember 2000 00:02
An: Ariel.Burbaickij@erl9.siemens.de
Cc: freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Betreff: Re: Observing troubles trying to install via FTP using Compaq
Netelli gent 10/100 .Please help

- Exactly what kind of card is this. Compaq has sold both ThunderLAN
  and Intel cards as "Netelligent" devices, so you need to be specific.

  Should I provide FCC number of the card or how exact should I be ?

- What version of FreeBSD are you trying to use? Telling us that
  you're using kern.flp and mfsroot.flp is nice, but you don't say
  what directory you got them from.

  Version 4.1.1. Got it following the link from "installation =
instructions"
  on www.freebsd.org (So the flow was www.freebsd.org --------->
ftp.freebsd.org)
                                                      some link

- Don't say things like "card has shown interger link though." First
  of all, I have no idea what the hell that means. Second, it's much
  better if you show us what led you to this conclusion so that we
  have some idea of what's going on.

   You have 2 LED on adaptor 1 for tranmsion activity and 2 for Link
Integrity.
   Well the 2 one was blinking green. And handbook states it is =
expected
behaviour
   if card is functioning properly.

   You will get dmesg output today afternoon MET (I have not my =
notebook
with me now)
   =20
   One question is probably in order is dmesg already provided during
initial stages
   of system installation or in case the answer should be negative : =
how
should
   I collect neccessary information otherwise ?

   Regards
   =20