Date:      Sat, 12 Feb 2000 09:59:55 +0100 (CET)
From:      torstenb@vmunix.org (Torsten Blum)
To:        billf@chc-chimes.com (Bill Fumerola)
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.org, shige@FreeBSD.org, torstenb@FreeBSD.org, asami@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: zsh re-org.

Bill Fumerola wrote:

> I believe that the way that zsh is being handled should be flipped around.
> ports/shells/zsh should be 3.1.6
> ports/shells/zsh-devel should be retired (after making shells/zsh 3.1.6)
> I don't believe we need a 3.0.7 version of zsh in the tree at all.

Zsh 3.1.x is still beta and as long as this is the case I am, as the
maintainer of ports/shells/zsh, _strongly_ against this. Having a stable
shell is IMHO the most important thing. If anyone wants to play with new
and cool features, that's fine for me. That's why we have zsh-devel.
Replacing ports/shells/zsh with -devel forces everyone else to use a beta.
This is definately not a good idea.

 -tb
--
OSI ist nicht deswegen tot, weil es nicht vernünftig war, sondern weil sein
Mitbewerb praxisnäher ist. Man könnte sagen, das ist der Sieg des ingenieur-