Date:      Thu, 1 Sep 2005 06:16:32 +0200
From:      Dejan Lesjak <dejan.lesjak@ijs.si>
To:        John Nielsen <lists@jnielsen.net>, User Pm <pm@npf.homeunix.org>, freebsd-sparc64@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: mouse on a Ultra5

John Nielsen wrote:

> On Wednesday 31 August 2005 13:43, User Pm wrote:
>> Does the sun mouse (attached to the keyboard) works on a ultra 5?
>> I do not see any mention to it in the dmesg output...
>> If yes how to I configure it for use with xorg?
>
>> uart3: <16550 or compatible> addr 0x14003062f8-0x14003062ff irq 42 on
> ebus0
>
> It just shows up as a serial port.  Mine works fine in xorg with the
> following:
>
> Section "InputDevice"
>         Identifier  "Mouse0"
>         Driver      "mouse"
>         Option      "Protocol" "mousesystems"
>         Option      "Device" "/dev/cuau3"
> EndSection

Apart from that, it also works using usual setup with moused with settings in
rc.conf somewhat like these:

moused_enable="YES"
moused_type="mousesystems"
moused_port="/dev/cuau3"

and xorg.conf mouse section similar to this:

Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier  "Mouse0"
        Driver      "mouse"
        Option      "Protocol" "auto"