Date:      Wed, 21 Aug 2002 16:52:04 -0400
From:      "C. A. Daelhousen" <cd9@buffalo.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Forcing send-pr to use -f switch to sendmail?

I have the following setup for normal email:

mutt -> sendmail -f / mailwrapper / exim -> ISP's SMTP server -> dest.

This is on a dialup link, and it works great. Unfortunately, send-pr
doesn't seem to be using -f: all mail fails with "550 you are not allowed
to send mail to <address>". I can duplicate this error by using telnet:

MAIL FROM:<dragon@localhost>
250 Sender <dragon@localhost> Ok
RCPT TO:<cd9@buffalo.edu>
550 you are not allowed to send mail to <cd9@buffalo.edu>

So how do I force send-pr to send mail properly? If I cut'n'paste the
bounced mail and send it with mutt, then the headers won't include the
X-send-pr-version or X-GNATS-Notify headers. Is that a problem?

In case it's important:
mailwrapper is from 4.6.2-R
exim 3.36 and mutt 1.2.5.1i are from 4.6-R ports

--
..: Chad Daelhousen == cd9@buffalo.edu :.........: sig v3.1 :...
: Programming for 10 +/- 2 years (50 +/- 10% of a lifetime)    :