Date:      Thu, 22 Apr 1999 16:04:05 -0500
From:      Benjamin Gavin <gavinb@supranet.net>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   SMC EtherPower 10/100

Hi all,
  Just wondering if anyone has had any problems with the SMC EtherPower II
Network cards with either 2.2-STABLE or 3.1-STABLE.  I have two boxes (one
running each version) and they both are showing some very weird behavior
with these cards, namely they are giving 30-100ms ping times over ethernet.
 This isn't normal, and I am pretty sure that I wasn't seeing this behavior
with 2.2.7.  The cards are all using the SMC9432TX chipset.  I have the
ipfw and natd code embedded into the kernel of both and the "ICMP_BANDLIM"
option on the 3.1 box.
  Has anyone seen this problem with these cards before.  I have tried
specifying the correct media type multiple times, but it doesn't seem to help.

Any ideas?? TIA.

Ben

  Benjamin Gavin - Senior Consultant