Date:      Wed, 02 Sep 1998 14:23:16 -0700
From:      Studded <Studded@dal.net>
To:        Mike Knoll <knollm@lafcol.lafayette.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Requisite steps for tracking -stable

Mike Knoll wrote:

> Well, I drop off the edge of the earth rarely, but it happens.  And still,
> the issues of not getting information on critical changes would still
> occur if I'm tracking release or stable.

	I had intended to mention in my last post that we have been workign
hard since 2.2.6 to include critical information about the upgrade in
(for example)
ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/2.2.7-RELEASE/UPGRADE.TXT. This file
should contain the type of "won't work unless you do this" information
that you are looking for.  The other *.TXT documents include info on
important changes from -Release to -Release, etc.

Doug
--
***           Chief Operations Officer, DALnet IRC network          ***

At Barry (a small town in south Wales) hidden cameras have had to be
installed to keep watch on the town's CCTV [Closed Circuit Television]
to record acts of vandalism against the CCTV. - Privacy Forum