Date:      Sun, 15 Jun 1997 10:24:43 PDT
From:      Bill Fenner <fenner@parc.xerox.com>
To:        asami@cs.berkeley.edu (Satoshi Asami)
Cc:        fenner@parc.xerox.com, ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Depending on ghostscript

asami@cs.berkeley.edu (Satoshi Asami) wrote:
>People complained about the ghostview package pulling in an unwanted
>version of ghostscript, so the dependency was removed.  Same for gv.

But that applies to all the ports that depend on ghostscript.  We had
this discussion when I was trying to decide what to do about wb, and
decided that

RUN_DEPENDS=	gs:${PORTSDIR}/print/ghostscript4

was the best thing to do, since it would leave existing versions of
gs there but bring in the newest if there's nothing installed.  Is
this not the case?

  Bill