Date:      Sun, 18 Jul 2004 19:53:58 +0200
From:      Remko Lodder <remko@elvandar.org>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   OT: Postfix virtual setup with procmail delivery for one specific virtual domain

Hello,

I know that this question is OffTopic. Still i want to ask it to you
guys since the host system is FreeBSD.

I have implemented Postfix/SASL2/MySQL/Courier-Imap/Amavisd-new on my
FreeBSD mailserver.

Now i am migrating my mailserver to another host {still my own host} and
i take the maildomain of a friend along. So that means my current setup
will be expanded by his domain.

Currently i am using virtual delivery (transport elvandar.org virtual:)
so it gets dropped in the mailpath i designated in the MySQL backend.
Besides that i have mailman running on my machine, providing
mailarchives {no subscriptions etc} for $internet (local delivery).

So far so good..

Now the new maildomain used procmail as delivery agent and he wants to
use that again (filters and so on). With the current virtual setup that
is not possible i think, so i think i need to create a master.cf line
using procmail delivery..

Since i make use of the maildir format , procmail should be doing that,
and get his information from the MySQL db which tells it where to put
the email for that domain { i dont want that email to get in local
homedirs etc. }, and it should run as the postfix user since that is the
only one permitted to read from the maildir's specified in the named
MySQL db.

Does anyone know if that is possible?

Oh Procmail is used since it has some filters for the guy so his mail
gets sorted into some folders...

--
Kind regards,

Remko Lodder                   |remko@elvandar.org