Date:      Mon, 20 Jul 2015 18:04:25 +0200
From:      =?UTF-8?B?Um9nZXIgUGF1IE1vbm7DqQ==?= <roger.pau@citrix.com>
To:        Jeroen van der Ham <jeroen@dckd.nl>, <freebsd-xen@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Xen console on 10.1 DomU

El 17/07/15 a les 21.02, Jeroen van der Ham ha escrit:
> Hi,
>
> What is the current way of getting a xen console on a FreeBSD 10.1 DomU?
>
> I’ve been searching on:
> * https://wiki.freebsd.org/FreeBSD/Xen (reasonably up to date, but has no info on console)
> * http://wiki.xen.org (completely outdated, “official” documentation points to installation of FreeBSD 7.2(!))
>
> I found instructions to add a line to /boot/loader.conf (console="comconsole”)
> or a line to /etc/ttys (xc0     "/usr/libexec/getty Pc"         vt100   on  secure)

You shouldn't need to modify /etc/ttys at all unless you are using a
FreeBSD PVH guest or Dom0.

> But in either case I am getting an error on the Linux Dom0:
> xenconsole: Could not read tty from store: No such file or directory
>
> Is it still possible to get a console from a Linux Dom0? How?
> What would be the best place to publish instructions for that?

Which kind of guest are you trying to get the console from?

If it's a HVM guest (I'm only guessing here), you need to add
serial='pty' to your xl configuration file and then follow
https://www.freebsd.org/doc/handbook/serialconsole-setup.html.

Roger.