Date:      Thu, 21 Apr 2011 01:28:21 -0500
From:      Bruce Albrecht <bruce@freebsd.zuhause.org>
Subject:   Java version and JRuby port

When the JRuby port is installed, it updates the jruby script to force
the JAVA_HOME to be the JAVA_HOME the port was built with.  I've got
both diablo-jdk1.6.0 and openjdk6 installed, but I can't figure out how
to force the JRuby port to use openjdk6, and I can't override the
JAVA_HOME unless I'm willing to modify the jruby script. Why is this
port set up this way?  What's the rationale for not allowing JAVA_HOME
to be overridden?