Date:      Wed, 24 Dec 1997 02:54:40 -0800 (PST)
From:      asami@cs.berkeley.edu (Satoshi Asami)
To:        jdp@polstra.com
Cc:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Bogus interaction between NFS and mount

 * It is hard to see why mounting a local CD-ROM on the NFS server should
 * cause problems for a completely separate exported file system, but
 * that is what is happening.  The only connection between the CD-ROM and
 * NFS, as far as I can tell, is that /cdrom happens to be exported.

I noticed that when you change anything about an exported filesystem
(for instance "mount -u -o async") on an NFS server, mountd goes and
re-checks all the filesystems.  The filesystems are un-exported while
it's doing this, and can cause the symptoms you described even if the
client is using a different filesystem.

 * Suggestions, anyone?

No idea. :)

Satoshi