Date:      Sat, 31 Jan 1998 08:09:17 -0800
From:      Don Wilde <don@partsnow.com>
To:        Gopakumar H Pillai <gopu@global.com>
Cc:        Calin Andrian <calin@ibd.dbio.ro>, questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: APC Back UPS monitor

I'd be VERY interested in seeing your code, Calin. I, too, have BackUPS
all over the place. My suggestion would be to decouple the monitoring
daemon from the driver process, so we can insert stuff in the middle to
do what GHP is asking for, if you haven't already done so. That would be
a really healthy contribution to the Ports collection.

As to your needs, Gopakumar, HylaFAX has the ability to send out page
requests for certain types of pagers. I need to do somewhat the same
thing you are talking about, although I have more reasons to page from
the computer than just power fail.
--
  oooOOO O O O o * * *  *   *   *