Date:      Fri, 2 Apr 1999 15:34:01 +0300
From:      Vallo Kallaste <vallo@matti.ee>
To:        Andres <dae@via.ecp.fr>, questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: bridging

On Fri, Apr 02, 1999 at 12:35:41PM +0200, Andres <dae@via.ecp.fr> wrote:

> hi, i'm having trouble with a box i want to set up as a bridge. i've
> rebuilt a kernel with options BRIDGE in it, sysctled -w
> net.link.ether.bridge=1, and the box still isn't bridging.
>
> is there something obvious i've missed here ? any reports i have seen on
> the mailing-lists state that trouble arise when trying to do firewalling
> + bridging, but that bridging alone works well. and these were rather
> old posts. is there anything obvious i'm missing here ?

I know that some drivers under -current simply lack bridging
support.  For example I used dummynet patches for 3.0-RELEASE to get
bridging support for fxp driver.  You have not indicated what
version of FreeBSD you are using, your mailer shows 3.1-RELEASE but
this isn't something to believe.  For 3.1-R I don't know, but this
can be the case.
--

Vallo Kallaste
vallo@matti.ee