Date:      Wed, 19 Sep 2012 15:09:32 -0500
From:      Brooks Davis <brooks@freebsd.org>
To:        "O. Hartmann" <ohartman@zedat.fu-berlin.de>
Cc:        Ports FreeBSD <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: www/libxul: fails to compile with CLANG and fails to install with GCC

--cNdxnHkX5QqsyA0e

On Wed, Sep 19, 2012 at 03:50:45PM +0200, O. Hartmann wrote:
> I already filed a PR (ports/171566) regarding the CLANG compilation
> issue, but since CLANG is a troublemaker for several ports, I also used
> USE_GCC=3D4.6 to compile the port www/libxul and this works - but fails
> then installing with
>=20
> [...]
>   adding: hyphenation/hyph_hu.dic (deflated 62%)
> /usr/ports/www/libxul/work/mozilla-esr10/dist/bin/xpcshell: Undefined
> symbol "JSVAL_NULL"
> gmake[1]: *** [install] Error 1
> gmake[1]: Leaving directory
> `/usr/ports/www/libxul/work/mozilla-esr10/xulrunner/installer'
> gmake: *** [install] Error 2
> *** [gecko-pre-install] Error code 2
>=20
> Stop in /usr/ports/www/libxul.
> *** [install] Error code 1

Hmm.  Sounds like a miscompile.  If you're up for an experiment, I'd be
interested in the results of applying the linked patch and building
with USE_GCC=3D4.2.

http://people.freebsd.org/~brooks/patches/really-use-gcc.diff

It turns out that USE_GCC incorrectly assumes that CC/CPP/CXX don't need
to be changed when the requested version of gcc is in the base system.

-- Brooks

--cNdxnHkX5QqsyA0e

--cNdxnHkX5QqsyA0e--