Date:      Sun, 28 Oct 2001 09:38:03 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Brandon D. Valentine" <bandix@looksharp.net>
To:        Cyrille Lefevre <clefevre@citeweb.net>
Cc:        Peter Wemm <peter@wemm.org>, <jerry@thehutt.org>, freebsd-stable <freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG>, freebsd-current <freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: adding athlon xp to bsd.cpu.mk

On Sun, 28 Oct 2001, Cyrille Lefevre wrote:

>Athlon (alias k7) already has MMX. the objective of this patch
>was to add SSE to the set of XP (alias MP) processors.

I haven't seen the patch you're talking about, nor do I have any newer
Athlons here that support SSE, but it seems like it's pretty trivial to
grab the SSE identifier out of the table at:
http://www.amd.com/products/cpg/athlon/techdocs/pdf/20734.pdf
and add it to the print_AMD_features() function in
src/sys/i386/i386/identcpu.c.

--
"Never put off until tomorrow what you can do today.  There might be a
law against it by that time."	-- /usr/games/fortune, 07/30/2001

Brandon D. Valentine <bandix at looksharp.net>