Date:      Fri, 4 Feb 2000 17:37:07 +1100
From:      "Lachlan O'Dea" <lodea@vet.com.au>
To:        Martin Schmitt <martin@schmitt.li>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Copying the 4-CD set

On Fri, Feb 04, 2000 at 07:06:15AM +0100, Martin Schmitt wrote:
> Hi there!
>
> What CDs from the set may be legaly copied? I´m pretty certain about the
> first one, since it can freely be downloaded as an image, but what about
> the others? Are there any restrictions?

There aren't any restrictions on copying. While not all of the software
on the CDs is under an open source licence, it can all be freely
distributed and copied.

Software packages that have copy or distribution restrictions (such as
the Sun JDK) aren't put on the CDs at all - you have to download them.

--
Lachlan O'Dea <mailto:lodea@vet.com.au>   Computer Associates Pty Ltd
Webmaster                                   Vet - Anti-Virus Software

"What is wanted is not the will to believe, but the will
to find out, which is the exact opposite."
- Bertrand Russell