Date:      Wed, 31 Jul 2002 07:34:58 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Dru <dlavigne6@cogeco.ca>
To:        Cezary Nolewajka <cno@m2mob.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD and CISCO Pix IPSec VPN - problem (long)

On Wed, 31 Jul 2002, Cezary Nolewajka wrote:

> Hello everybody,
>
> I have a general problem setting up a IPSec VPN connection between freebsd
> and a cisco router/pix.
>
> I got to the stage where both machines can see each other, start the
> negotiation phase 1 that succeeds and fail at the stage 2. The racoon -F
> info says that get_ph2approvalx(): not matched and therefore no policy is
> found.
>
> It seems that I have a problem with my or Pixes configuration. I browsed all
> the net
> archives and pages I could have found on the VPN/IPSec freebsd installation
> and configuration and failed to find a solution.
>
> If there is anything that you could suggest or even solved such a problem, I
> would be grateful for any kind of help or support.
>
> Below I attached some of the configuration and debugging information
> concerning the IPSec setup.

<snip configs>

Hello Cezary,

On the PIX configs, make sure you use both the "no-xauth" and
"no-config-mode" options on the "isakmp key" and "isakmp peer" commands as
forgetting those will hang Phase 2 negotiations. If you're still stuck,
write me off list and I'll send you the configs for a working tunnel.

Dru