Date:      Wed, 19 Jun 2002 09:43:21 -0600
From:      "Samuel Chow" <cyschow@shaw.ca>
To:        "Andrew" <perl@ukrpost.net>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Mail

Hi there,

> >>   I  cannot  send  message  to  one host. My smtp server is running
> >> qmail.  I  see in logs "451 unresolvable relay host name check your
> >> setup".
> >
> >     well, your smtp server's name doesn't resolve, probably.
>
>   It   does.   The   only   thing   is   that  my  smtp  hostname  is
> mail.mydomain.com  while users set their From to @mydomain.com.
>
>   Could   this   be  a  problem?  I have no way to setup up DNS record
> mydomain.com to smtp's IP.

    There isn't a whole lot of details, so I am just guessing here.

    I think the problem was the remote SMTP server was doing a DNS
    lookup on the hostname your qmail passed along.  That hostname,
    unfortunately, did not resolve.  Therefore, the remote SMTP
    server refused to accept mail from you.

    If this is indeed the problem, put a resolvable hostname into
    the 'helohost' configure file, and restart qmail.

---
Samuel Chow
cyschow@shaw.ca

This message is displayed using recycled electrons.
Segmentation Fault (core dumped)