Date:      Wed, 28 Jan 1998 16:19:55 -0800 (PST)
From:      Christopher Knight <merlin@ghostwheel.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   make world problem today with util.o

I've been syncing my system about once a week and doing a make world
whenever I notice changes to utilities that I need.  Today I noticed an
update to fetch, so I decided to make world.

Note:  I cvsup'd my system to freebsd-stable a couple of hours ago.

cc -nostdinc -O -I/usr/src/usr.bin/ftp/../../contrib-crypto/telnet
-I/usr/obj/usr/src/tmp/usr/include -c /usr/src/usr.bin/ftp/ruserpass.c
cc -nostdinc -O -I/usr/src/usr.bin/ftp/../../contrib-crypto/telnet
-I/usr/obj/usr/src/tmp/usr/include -c /usr/src/usr.bin/ftp/util.c
cc -nostdinc -O -I/usr/src/usr.bin/ftp/../../contrib-crypto/telnet
-I/usr/obj/usr/src/tmp/usr/include  -o ftp cmds.o cmdtab.o complete.o
domacro.o fetch.o ftp.o main.o ruserpass.o util.o  -ledit -ltermcap
util.o: Undefined symbol `_timersub' referenced from text segment
util.o: Undefined symbol `_timersub' referenced from text segment
util.o: Undefined symbol `_timersub' referenced from text segment

Any suggestions?  I note that the compile line that failed contains
fetch.o and have little doubt it is related to the update of fetch.

Is this a known bug, or is there something in my system I should be
checking?

-ck