Date:      Sat, 30 Nov 2002 17:43:34 -0500
From:      Daniel Eischen <eischen@vigrid.com>
To:        "M. Warner Losh" <imp@bsdimp.com>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Dell Inspiron 5000 802.3 and 802.11b support

"M. Warner Losh" wrote:

> In message: <007101c28093$b32c54d0$170015ac@ravenloft>
>             "travis sidelinger" <travissidelinger@yahoo.com> writes:
> : Netgear       FA411
>
> Yes, works.
>
> : D-Link                DFE-670TXD
>
> I think this is the rl based cards, and it basically works.  I've had
> reports that the 680TXD works.  I have a DFE-650TX and an earlier
> version of the DFE-650 and they work.
>
> : SMC           SMC8041TX
>
> Yes.  Works for me.
>
> : Linksys       PCM100
>
> Yes.  Works for me.
>
> : Anyone have a recomendation for 802.11b pcmcia cards?
>
> Any Prism {2,2.5,3}, lucent or symbol card is supported, but you may
> need to upgrade the firmware.
>
> : Any idea when freeBSD will support 32 bit cardbus?  I'd like to use one of
> : the new Prism2 802.11b pcmcia cards.
>
> Oh?  I've not seen cardbus based wi cards.  Details?

The D-Link 650 comes in a cardbus version.  See:

  http://www.dlink.com/products/wireless/dwl650/

I'm now in the market for a wireless card, so I'd like to know
if these work.

I'm also curious if the 802.11b+ (22Mbps) cards work in FreeBSD.
Dlink offers one of these in the DWL-650+.

If there's any card that you'd like to experiment on, I can
always buy one of those and send it to you for testing.  I
can do without one for a while.

--
Dan Eischen