Date:      Sat, 6 Jan 2001 19:04:27 +0100
From:      Brad Knowles <blk@skynet.be>
To:        Nathan Ahlstrom <nrahlstr@winternet.com>
Cc:        chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: NetBSD vs. FreeBSD?

At 11:49 AM -0600 2001/1/6, Nathan Ahlstrom wrote:

>  In my experience, it is NOT that bad.  In fact, I have always been
>  quite pleased when using it.  They have recently integrated their
>  UBC work (in NetBSD-current) and have a really cool /etc/rc setup.

	How stable is their -current?  Any ideas when the UBC stuff will
get integrated into their next -stable?

	For example, I've been studiously avoiding doing anything with
FreeBSD-current, because I know that I don't have the time and talent
necessary to be able to make that work, or to be able to deal with
the problems that may result.  I'd hate to be forced to go with
NetBSD-current just to get something like UBC (although I'm not
convinced that I'd need it or be able to make much use of it, for the
kinds of applications I have in mind).

Brad Knowles, <blk@skynet.be>                || Belgacom Skynet SA/NV
Systems Architect, Mail/News/FTP/Proxy Admin || Rue Colonel Bourg, 124
Phone/Fax: +32-2-706.13.11/12.49             || B-1140 Brussels
http://www.skynet.be                         || Belgium