Date:      Wed, 8 Sep 2004 20:33:03 +1000
From:      Glenn Thomas <windsok@gmail.com>
To:        Gleb Smirnoff <glebius@freebsd.org>, Glenn Thomas <windsok@gmail.com>, freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: strange pppoe/adsl issues

Hi Gleb,

On Wed, 8 Sep 2004 12:16:26 +0400, Gleb Smirnoff <glebius@freebsd.org> wrote:
> Even if the problem is on your ISP end, we should investigate it and
> find at least a workaround for you.
> Can you provide me with full tcpdumps of PPPoE session under problem?
> Use tcpdump -w dumpfile -npi fxp0, where fxp0 is your network card.

I have done this, and will email the file to your freebsd.org address.

> Problematic part of ppp.log should be helpful, too.

The ppp.log seems normal, no idication of any disconnections or
anything. If you want me to try with specific log options set, i can
do that.

> Are you using ppp(8)? If you do can you try mpd from ports? In opposite
> case can you try ppp(8)? :)

I am using ppp(8), I once tried mpd but could net get a working
config, I will try again, but if anyone has a working config for mpd
using pppoe for ADSL, i would appreciate it :)

Here is the ppp.conf I am using for ppp(8) by the way:

default:

adsl:
  set device PPPoE:fxp0
  set mode ddial
  set authname username@provider.net.au
  set authkey password
  set speed sync
  set mru 1492
  set mtu 1492
  set ifaddr 0.0.0.0/0 0.0.0.0/0 255.255.255.0 0.0.0.0
  add default HISADDR
  enable dns
  nat enable yes

Regards,