Date:      Thu, 27 Jul 2000 00:16:07 -0500
From:      Spikeman <spikeman@myself.com>
To:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   cpu time slicing

Does anyone here have any docs about how FreeBSD ( 4.0-RELEASE i'm running
) does its cpu time slicing.

-
Background on 'issue' I have twin systems one running Linux One Running
FreeBSD they both are doing a distributed computing effort, Linux works at
one speed forever while FreeBSD after 100 hours doubled the amount it
could do ( also doubled the mount linux is doing ) also it seems to be
'testing' the max the system it can do from time to time, as couple times
I would check the status it would be very high in how much the client its
doing and then slowly come down ( learning ? ) ... Talked to some of the
people from the distributed computing effort and its not the client most
likely its FreeBSD doing this.  I have no problem with it doing this I
happen to enjoy it so I thought I would learn more on how bsd does its
cpu time slicing....

--

     ___
    /\  \ phase two of global domination in operation, hide all lions.