Date:      Mon, 26 May 2003 13:09:23 -0400
From:      Tom Rhodes <trhodes@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Ceri Davies <ceri@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        freebsd-advocacy@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Retail Boxed Products in the Handbook

On Mon, 26 May 2003 14:17:30 +0100
Ceri Davies <ceri@freebsd.org> wrote:

> All,
>
> Please cast your eye over to Appendix A of the Handbook, and the section
> titled "Retail Boxed Products".  I'll wait.
> You'll see that we have Frys and CompUSA listed as retailers of boxed sets.
> Well CompUSA have told us that they don't stock these anymore; does anybody
> know if Frys still do, or is anyone in a position to call one and enquire?

I live near a Staples, Best Buy, Office Max, Walmart and Target. (Yes,
Cranberry PA is a large shopping town).

Walmart USED to keep a RedHat and Mandrake Linux boxed set, don't think
they do anymore.  I'll make a quick stop in sometime to see if any of
these stores have the FreeBSD boxed set.

> I'm thinking of removing this section altogether, and it's been suggested to
> me that I enlist your folks help in trying to whip up a list of retailers who
> really do stock FreeBSD boxed sets, to try and save the section.

A nice page, sorted by country/state/sovereignty linked to the front page
might be nice.  Or perhaps an article...

> If there's no interest in doing this, then that's fine too.
> I propose to remove the section on June 15th, so you have until then.

I have an interest.  Please, continue.

--
Tom Rhodes