Date:      Wed, 28 Jul 2004 23:00:08 -0400
From:      Robert Fitzpatrick <robert@webtent.com>
To:        FreeBSD <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Install FreeBSD 5.2.1 on Compaq Proliant 800

Trying to install FreeBSD 5.2.1 on a Compaq Proliant 800, looking for
someone that has done this or similar. Of course, you have to have the
SmartStart CD, I have that, I choose System Erase and it loads the
Compaq partition and the FreeBSD goes without error and when I reboot I
get 'Invalid partition type', that's it. After System Erase, I set the
configuration to Unix (Large Geometry), there are 4 SCSI drives, two
18GB and two 9GB, FreeBSD finds and represents all correctly on install.
Seems the Compaq BIOS is just not letting me use those partitions as
active?

--
Robert