Date:      Fri, 2 Oct 1998 09:40:08 -0500
From:      "Mike Grommet" <mgrommet@insolwwb.net>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   repartition a partition

As many of you may have noticed, I have been having problems with a DPT raid
controller and I am wanting to try a suggested fix...

the fix suggested by Chris Johnson
was to make all my partitions 1 gig or less, then tar up the /usr partition,
copy it over to my var partition, delete the usr partition and then set it
up
with the full size with the remaining unallocated space on the drive... I'm
just not sure how to proceed here and what tools I need to use

Are there any guides / FAQS / howtos for such things?

Any advice would be definately appreciated.

Mike Grommet
System Admin, and all around nice guy
Internet Solutions, Inc.
mgrommet@insolwwb.net