Date:      Wed, 15 Jan 1997 20:01:10 -0500 (EST)
From:      John Fieber <jfieber@indiana.edu>
To:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Ports status / category quandry

After all this time, I've put together my first port--James
Clark's SP.  This includes the SGML parser as a library (both
static and shared, with includes) and some applications (nsgmls,
sgmlnorm, spam, and spent).

Two questions:

  1) I haven't been following the freeze announcements, what is
     the latest scoop on adding new ports?

  2) This port really wants to be in a "text processing"
     category.  In fact, in the misc category, it has a few other lost
     friends like glimpse, ispell, mgdiff, recode, rman, and trans.
     Opinions on a "Text" category?

-john