Date:      Sun, 06 Mar 2011 22:54:56 +0100
From:      Heino Tiedemann <rotkaps_spam_trap@gmx.de>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Is it possible to install only some parts of libreoffice?

Konstantin Tokarev <annulen@yandex.ru> wrote:

> 03.03.2011, 03:27, "Charlie Kester" <corky1951@comcast.net>:
>> On Wed 02 Mar 2011 at 15:06:52 PST Charlie Kester wrote:
>>
>>> I don't want or need all of the programs in the libreoffice suite.
>>>
>>> In fact, the only reason I might install it is to get the presentation
>>> program so I can work with PowerPoint files I occasionally download from
>>> the web.  (There don't seem to be any workable, lighterweight
>>> alternatives, as there are for .doc and .xls files.)
>>>
>>> Would it be possible to provide some options to select which components
>>> to install?  Or is the suite written in such a way that I have to
>>> install the whole thing in order to get one piece?
>
> It doesn't make much sense because all components of OOo/LibO are tightly
> integrated.

I remember my debian GNU/Linux times some years ago:

If i remember correcly there was the possibillity to install
Openoffice (what is the root of libreoffice) in peaces: Needed was a
"openoffice core" package and maybe another "openoffice lib" (or so)
package. After that you could install writer / base / calc and so on
seperatly...

Heino