Date:      Tue, 20 Mar 2012 22:56:42 +0000
From:      Mike Clarke <jmc-freebsd2@milibyte.co.uk>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Problem compiling emulators/virtualbox-ose-kmod 4.1.8_2

<jmc-freebsd2@milibyte.co.uk>wrote:
> > in
> > /data1/tmp/usr/ports/emulators/virtualbox-ose-kmod/work/VirtualBox-
> >4.1.8_OSE/out/freebsd.x86/release/bin/src/vboxdrv.
> >
> > I ran portsnap immediately before portmaster so my ports are up to
> > date.
> >
> > Any suggestions?
>
> Did you follow the relevant /usr/src/UPDATING instructions?

The latest relevant one appears to be this:

20120221:
  AFFECTS: users of emulators/virtualbox-ose
  AUTHOR: decke@FreeBSD.org

  virtualbox-ose has been updated to 4.1.8 and requires the latest
  devel/kBuild-devel now. It is only a build dependency so it is safe
  to remove it before updating.

  # pkg_delete -f kBuild-\*

I did this some time ago and the earlier version, 4.1.8_1, compiled fine
but I started to have problems with 4.1.8_2

--
Mike Clarke