Date:      Tue, 3 May 2011 12:54:09 +0300
From:      George Liaskos <geo.liaskos@gmail.com>
To:        Baptiste Daroussin <baptiste.daroussin@gmail.com>
Subject:   Re: www/chromium ignores gnome proxy settings

2011/5/3 Baptiste Daroussin <baptiste.daroussin@gmail.com>:
> 2011/5/3 Ruslan Mahmatkhanov <cvs-src@yandex.ru>:

>>> What option did you use to build chromium ?
>>
>> WITH_CODECS=3Dtrue
>> WITH_GCONF=3Dtrue
>> WITH_VPX=3Dtrue
>>
>> Only WITH_CODECS is not default option and i doubt that it somehow relat=
ed.

>> --
>> Regards,
>> Ruslan
>>

> what environnement are you using ? a full gnome ? because chromium as
> some kinds of magic to determine which environnement you are using and
> then checked for the configuration backend concerned.
>
> in your case it looks like it doesn't get the proxy from gconf.
>
> regards,
> Bapt

I use a simple stub for proxy config, ProxyConfigServiceNull
http://trillian.chruetertee.ch/chromium/browser/ports/www/chromium/files/pa=
tch-net__proxy__proxy_service.cc

config_service_linux.cc uses inotify, there are some kqueue patches
but they used to crash the browser.
I will take a look at it later today.