Date:      Wed, 15 Aug 2001 07:30:24 -0700 (PDT)
From:      jim flournoy <bsdspaceman@yahoo.com>
To:        Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   I still can't get my net install to work from CDrom

> No, that's not enough to set up anonymous FTP.  This
> is presumably the
> cause of your problem: sysinstall isn't even able to
> get access to
> that machine.  See the ftpd manpage for information
> on setting up
> anonymous FTP on that machine, or try and figure out
> why you can't
> connect via FTP as yourself.  Have you tried FTPing
> to your account on
> that machine using an FTP client, not sysinstall?

Hi Kris,
Thanks for all the help!  I did connect as anonymous
ftp, but couldn't find any files.  I then created a
/pub dir with a link to /cdrom inside it, but haven't
been able to find them as an anonymous ftp client.  I
did look at /etc/login.conf and man ftpd, but am still
not sure how to add it.

Jim