Date:      Wed, 26 Jun 2002 15:39:31 +0900
From:      Cyril Niklaus <cynik@gmx.co.uk>
To:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   soundcard and I/O settings on mebius PC-PJ1

Hi all,
I'm trying to configure my sound card (which is a crystal pnp, seen as a
sound blaster pro clone), thing is I keep getting
sb_dspwr(0xd1) timed out.
sb_dspwr(0x48) timed out
messages. I've found out this means there is a problem in I/O ports. So
I gather a likely culprit  must be the address indicated in the kernel
config file. I have:
device pcm
device sbc0 at isa? port 0x220 irq 5 drq 1 flags 0x15
which then booted gives:
  dmesg |grep sb
sbc0: <SoundBlaster Pro> at port 0x220-0x22f irq 5 drq 1 flags 0x15 on
isa0
pcm0: <SB DSP 3.02> on sbc0.

Since I know next to nothing about hardware and the "dark side" of
computing (I'm more of a PowerPPC user, who just recently got my hands
on a second hand Sharp Mebuis PC-PJ1, who gave me some problems at
install, but I got to learn a few things about FreeBSD in the process
which is why I installed it in the first place), I'm a bit at a loss
here.

I've looked in the windows system configuration for clues, and the sound
card is reported as using these I/O ports: 0530-0537; 0388-038B,
0220-022F, DMA 01, DMA 03 and IRQ 05.
But when I candidly tried to add these other ports to the kernel config
(in the form of: port 0x220, 0x530,0x388), I've got a parse error.
What can I do, or what is the proper syntax to indicate those other
ports? Are they of importance in the first place?
thanks
Cyril