Date:      Thu, 10 Aug 2000 00:31:17 -0700
From:      "Crist J . Clark" <cjclark@reflexnet.net>
To:        hjagnew@mba-consulting.com
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: still having trouble with telnet

On Thu, Aug 10, 2000 at 01:44:19AM -0400, H. J. Agnew wrote:

>   First thanks to Caleb Walker for responding to my earlier e-mail about this
> problem.
>
>   Unfortunatly I'm still running in to troube when trying to telnet to a host
> using the hostname as a parameter.  If I use the IP of a machine telnet works
> like a charm.  IF I use any hostname, even if it is "localhost" I get the
> message
>
>   <the hostname I used>: No address associated with hostname
>
>   All the other clients that I use can use hostname's fine, ie ftp irc etc.
>
> here is what I have in the following files (the most basic of setup)

This was a problem in the secure-telnet in stable for a few days last
week. Re-CVSup, rebuild secure telnet (or world if you want), install,
and your problem should go away.

If you can stand the noise, you might want to follow -stable if you
build-world often.
--
Crist J. Clark                           cjclark@alum.mit.com