Date:      Tue, 30 Apr 2002 06:15:35 -0700
From:      jehova <tornadox@telnor.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Fwd: mouse code in kernel

Description

 *when i want to cut and paste a text on GUI (X11),hightlighted
text is one or even several characters later (ON CONSOLE(ttyn)
MODE NOT).

I see a report:
"o [2002/02/15] ports/34974 kde Incorrect mouse config in kde
2.2.2"
(submited from freebsd bugmaster to a mail list)

and same happen to me  but , EVEN without KDE using other GUI
(X)enviroment then isn't a kde problem we think.  even happen
with my old freebsd 4.4 (with kde 2.2 canned package)
some body cant helpme? where can i search?

*mouse works fine  and do everything, if i move it regular or
slow motion, but if i want to draw boxes when i click and drag
and move normal or fast my hand box, apears not on the right
place where i start hold left button box is draw later (offset
movement or delayed event).

*if i do click and drag to scrollbar for moving my entire window
to other place, mouse pointer fails to grab or engage window but
if i do slowly it works fine. and sometimes this window "thinks"
that i 'm trying to resize clicking and holding for resize, and
same if is slow don't fails.

*for resize my windows from its borders (sides or bottom) fails
to grab it.i need to find "where" engages that side of window.

i was thinking is a KDE problem , i deinstall and run XFCE and
works same way, i was thinking is a gimp problem but is not. all
scrollbars of all WM and aplications, and all rectangle tools of
diferents drawing programs do same offset.

my box runs Freebsd 4.5, KDE 2.2.2, gimp 1.2.3, 128 Mb ram
celeron633 SiS6326 graphics card and 3.3.6_11 XFree86.

How-To-Repeat

on GUI select some text or try to mark or draw a rectangle, fast
as usual, i mean no carefully or slow to try do normal routine.
more faster more offset or delayed response. (some body says
"this not happen on my system" but i install as is from CDROM)
___^___

i've been tried with xfree86 3.3.6, 4.1.*, and 4.2.*, on linux
(mandrake7.2, 8.0, and 8.1) and same tries on freebsd 4.4 and 4.5
mouse works fine absolutely on linux, this is why i think is
concerning to freebsd kernel code.

any light?
--