Date:      Thu, 19 Apr 2001 10:12:02 +0100
From:      Rasputin <rara.rasputin@virgin.net>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: How to people easily update ports with dependencies (such as galeon)?

* Trevin Chow <tmchow@sfu.ca> [010418 20:20]:
> Does this maintain dependencies of all the ports? For example, if
> foobar-3.0 depends on barfoo-4.0 and we upgrade barfoo-4.0 to 5.0,
> is the dependency from foobar-3.0 updated to depend on barfoo-5.0?

Not really no, and I wouldn't recommned running theresulting script directly.
Putting the new glib over the old one won't break anything.
You can pkg_delete -f glib....
and them put a new one back in , but that could be risky
if the libraries have changed significantly.

--
Rasputin
Jack of All Trades :: Master of Nuns