Date:      Thu, 15 Oct 1998 18:15:44 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Erik Umenhofer <root@jobby.impulse.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   X Errors

I have been running X for a while and from time to time applications like
x11amp and quake stop working. Most of the time they don't work but then
at times they start working again. When I run Quake (xquake) I get this
error
Error: VID: Could not get any shared memory

VID_Shutdown

and when I run x11amp it just sits there when I load music, my other music
players work, but x11amp just stoped working. any idea as what could be
causeing these problems?

erik