Date:      Wed, 10 Mar 1999 16:19:45 -0500 (EST)
From:      John Fieber <jfieber@indiana.edu>
To:        Archie Cobbs <archie@whistle.com>
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: wchar.h?

On Tue, 9 Mar 1999, Archie Cobbs wrote:

>   wcslen()
>   wcscpy()
>   wcsncpy()
>   wcscat()
>   wcscmp()
>   wcsncmp()
>
> How come FreeBSD doesn't have these? Is there a complicated problem
> preventing us from adding them?

I have a start at all the wc functions in the NA1 of ANSI C which
includes these and wide versions of most of the stdio functions
(fgetwc, fputwc and the like) as well as wide iswxxx() ctype
functions. Anybody who would like to finish the job is most
welcome to what I have so far.

(I've also got a Unicode UTF-8 local I'd like to bring in at some
point...)

-john