Date:      Tue, 13 Mar 2001 22:24:28 -0800
From:      Kent Stewart <kstewart@urx.com>
To:        Doug Young <dougy@gargoyle.apana.org.au>
Cc:        freebsd@sysmach.com, FREEBSD-QUESTIONS@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 4.2-install.iso

Doug Young wrote:

> The reason I suggested Adaptec EzCD 4.x is that its quite straightforward.I
> tried several other apps after people recommended them .... most simply made
> coasters & but none worked anywhere near as well for me as EzyCD (I've never
> made even one coaster with EzCD)
> If I had a choice I'd possibly use Nero, but I couldn't find anything about
> burning ISOs and the company apparently didn't know either.

I have Nero on one system but haven't tried it. I just built a couple
of systems and added CD-R/RW to them. Each was different to see what
they did. The only one I haven't tried is Nero. There is no question
in my mind that Adaptec's software was much more straight foreward
than the other burners. The other's all had the logic but you really
had to hunt to figure out what to do. EZ-CD Creator has a tendancy to
hang on my system after burning two or three CD's. None of the others
do that.

> I did use 3.5c for a while, but I can't see any point in directing someone
> to an application
> known to have potentially serious "features" when there is a readily
> available version that doesn't appear to have problems.

I agree. The only reason I mentioned 3.5c is that there are high odds
that a number of people have a 3.5b version that came with their older
HP-CD-R/RW. They don't need to upgrade to Roxio's 5.0, which just hit
the markets, to burn an iso on Windows. They do have to have the
latest version.

Kent