Date:      Tue, 21 Mar 1995 18:33:42 -0500 (EST)
From:      John Capo <jc@irbs.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Gated is crashing my system!

Diabsle route cloning and gated will work just fine.  I comment
out the if statement in in_rmx.c:in_addroute().

Setting net.inet.ip.rtexpire to 0 crashed a kernel of a week ago
as soon as a PPP interface came up.  I believe this was supposed
to be a partial fix for the problem.

/*
 * Do what we need to do when inserting a route.
 */
static struct radix_node *
in_addroute(void *v_arg, void *n_arg, struct radix_node_head *head,
            struct radix_node *treenodes)
{
        struct rtentry *rt = (struct rtentry *)treenodes;

        /*
         * For IP, all unicast non-host routes are automatically cloning.
        if(!(rt->rt_flags & (RTF_HOST | RTF_CLONING))) {
                struct sockaddr_in *sin = (struct sockaddr_in *)rt_key(rt);
                if(!IN_MULTICAST(ntohl(sin->sin_addr.s_addr))) {
                        rt->rt_flags |= RTF_PRCLONING;
                }
        }
         */

        return rn_addroute(v_arg, n_arg, head, treenodes);
}

--
John Capo