Date:      Thu, 10 Oct 2002 03:46:16 -0400
From:      parv <parv_fm@emailgroups.net>
To:        Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
Cc:        f-ports <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: is gcc 3.2 port "complete"?

in message <20021010063433.GA6809@xor.obsecurity.org>,
wrote Kris Kennaway thusly...

> On Wed, Oct 09, 2002 at 05:39:07PM -0400, parv wrote:
> > is this port "complete" as far as "-ansi -pedantic-errors -Wall"
> > options are (iow, ANSI/ISO compliance is) concerned?
>
> Sorry, I have no idea what you're asking.

the issue for me is standard C++ programming.

the gcc 2.95 included w/ -stable is very sloppy regarding namespace.
that is, it doesn't fail to compile the following program, which it
should ("-x c++ -ansi -pedantic-errors -Wall" options)...

  #include <#iostream>
  int main()
  { //  notice "cout" stream is missing namespace "std"
    cout << "moo";
    return 0;
  }

a few days ago i noticed on -ports list that gcc v3.2 was really
gcc v3.1; i was wondering if the gcc32 port is really a v3.2
port.

so i asked if lang/gcc32 was a complete (read: real v3.2) standards
complaint port.  i am sorry if i wasn't clear earlier; doubly so if
i have confused even more (people).

  - parv