Date:      30 Mar 2000 23:52:30 +0200
From:      naddy@mips.rhein-neckar.de (Christian Weisgerber)
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: select(2) FD* macros

Spidey <beaupran@iro.umontreal.ca> wrote:

> #define	FD_ZERO(p)	bzero(p, sizeof(*(p)))
>
> So it uses bzero, a function from <strings.h>. It's kinda problematic
> since the select(2) manpage does not advise to include <strings.h>
> neither than the types.h manpage include strings.h. And what's worse,
> the bzero and bcopy() (used by FD_COPY) are non-standard functions..

bcmp(), bcopy(), and bzero() are perfectly BSD standard. ;-)

> My program compiles and runs correctly, but I would like to see this
> warning go away... :)
> What should be changed? Is this 'fixed' in 4.0?

No, I accidentally ran into it today on 5.0-CURRENT.

> Should I make a send-pr?

Well, if you reeeally care. Include the patch. I guess it could be
added to the SYNOPSIS section of the select.2 man page.

--
Christian "naddy" Weisgerber                  naddy@mips.rhein-neckar.de