Date:      Sat, 16 Nov 1996 15:36:17 -0600
From:      Raul Zighelboim <mango@staff.communique.net>
To:        "'freebsd-hackers@freefall.freebsd.org'" <freebsd-hackers@freefall.freebsd.org>
Cc:        "'freebsd-hardware@freefall.freebsd.org'" <freebsd-hardware@freefall.freebsd.org>
Subject:   kernel optimization and PCI ...

My system has two serial ports, using IRQ 3 and 4.
I do not need those ports at all.

I would like to set the system so that the PCI cards (adaptec 2940 -
ahc0) and the SMC ethernet card (de0) would use those IRQs.  Is this
possible?

Otherwise, what are the requirment/conditions that would allowed me to
set # AUTO_EOI_2 on the kernel in a safe way ?

Finnaly, my PPro 200 with 256Megs of ram seems to be unresponsive some
times.  It is specially slow to respond to the command (df). Is there
somethin I should look into in particular ?

System is FreeBSD 2.1.5
Thanks
Raul Zighelboim
           Communique Inc.