Date:      Fri, 25 Aug 2000 14:05:49 -0400
From:      "Paul D. Schmidt" <pds@uberhacker.org>
To:        <freebsd-chat@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Anyone have an expect script to work with dump/chio?

Anyone happen to know if there is an expect script out there (or some other
script) that will change tapes via chio when dump(1) asks for another one?
I realize AMANDA is a popular backup tool, but since my backup images are
larger than my tapes (4/8GB DDS-2) it is not possible to use it yet.  I'm
not concerned with elegancy, so I am willing to do a full level 0 dump as
often as needed (incrementals aren't top priority, but would be nice).  I
just want something I can use to start the backup, and walk away as it uses
tapes from the 12-tape autoloader that I have.

Just wanted to see if this already exists before I re-invent the wheel.
Also, if anyone has any other suggestions for backup solutions that would
work, I'm all ears :)

Thanks,
-Paul

--