Date:      Sun, 19 Sep 2004 20:49:15 +0200
From:      Jochen Gensch <incmc@gmx.de>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   NDISsulator: Setting up a 3Com pc card...

Hi,

I'm trying to set a a 3Com 3Com, 3CRSHPW_96 Wireless LAN PC Card bu use
of the ndissulator. However, this does not work, maybe someone has an idea.

I did the following:

cd /sys/modules/ndis
make; make load
cd /sys/modules/if_ndis
ndiscvt -i /cdrom/Drivers/netwpx96.inf -s /cdrom/Drivers/wlpx96e.sys -o
ndis_driver_data.h
make; make load

kldstat shows me, modules ndis and if_ndis are loaded, but I neither
have the corresponding sysctl entries, nor an interface ndis0.

A dmesg | grep pccard shows the following:

pccard0: <16-bit PCCard bus> on cbb0
pccard1: <16-bit PCCard bus> on cbb1
pccard0: <unknown card> (manufacturer=0x0101, product=0x0696) at function 0
pccard0:    CIS info: 3Com, 3CRSHPW_96 Wireless LAN PC Card, (null)

Any hints?

Jochen