Date:      Wed, 12 Nov 2003 22:11:56 +0000
From:      "Lee Harr" <missive@hotmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: cdbakeoven doesn't see atapi burner

>Hmm... interesting. I've done everything described in man/handbook. The
>drives
>shows up (correctly) in dmesg and with camcontrol. So *why* will cdbakeoven
>not detect the drives?

>>me
>>I did find *some* documentation.
>>In cdbakeoven, Help, About, click the link, browse the FAQ (very minimal)
>>and documentation.
>>Hope this helps!
>
>Only as much as I now know it *ought* to work... I just don't know why it
>doesn't...

I have never been able to get anything but burncd working either.
None of the graphical cd burning programs work for me.

You may want to look at kburncd:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/kburncd
http://kburncd.sourceforge.net/

which came very close to working, but looks like it has not been
active since that first release. You may be able to tweak it
a bit and get it to go.

For my needs, burncd works just fine, but try telling that to someone
who has never used a commandline before...