Date:      Sat, 04 Apr 2009 13:51:33 -0500
From:      Doug Poland <doug@polands.org>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   portupgrade fu... AKA there has to be a better way

Hello,

I'm upgrading a server from 6.4 to 7.1 and am going through the relative
pain of re-compiling all the ports.  It's not as easy "portupgrade -af"
because of all the special handling instructions of many ports.

I have not found an "easy" way to keep track of the ports that need to
be forcibly updated but have not undergone a version change.  Because I
approach the upgrade in steps, I need to run portupgrade several times
but want to exclude stuff already compiled under 7.x.

What I need is a command like:

   # portupgrade -af -x "already compiled on 7"

Suggestions, comments, rebukes welcome.

--
Regards,
Doug