Date:      Wed, 22 Apr 2009 07:55:16 +1000
From:      Peter Jeremy <peterjeremy@optushome.com.au>
To:        Aries LTD <info@ariesltd.com.ua>
Cc:        x11@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Apache install fails on xproto-7.0.15 Script "configure" failed unexpectedly

--SkvwRMAIpAhPCcCJ

--9jxsPFA5p3P2qPhR

On 2009-Apr-21 10:34:34 +0300, Aries LTD <info@ariesltd.com.ua> wrote:
>checking for cc option to accept ISO C89... unsupported
>checking dependency style of cc... none
>checking how to run the C preprocessor... /lib/cpp
>configure: error: in `/usr/ports/x11/xproto/work/xproto-7.0.15':
>configure: error: C preprocessor "/lib/cpp" fails sanity check
>See `config.log' for more details.

This means that configure has gone off the rails somewhere.  I've
checked on a FreeBSD-6.4 host with no /etc/make.conf and this works so
it would appear to be a configuration issue.  I have attached a
partial diff of your config.log and mine showing where it goes off the
rails but am unable to suggest what might be wrong on your system.
Are you sure your ports tree (/usr/ports/Mk in particular) is up to
date?

Note that FreeBSD 6.2 is no longer supported and it is possible that
there have been changes in the ports infrastructure that are causing
your problem.  I suggest you start planning to migrate your host to
a more recent version - maybe 7.2 when it comes out in a month or so.

--=20
Peter Jeremy

--9jxsPFA5p3P2qPhR--

--SkvwRMAIpAhPCcCJ