Date:      Fri, 17 Oct 2003 11:08:40 +0800
From:      "Zhang Weiwu" <weiwuzhang@hotmail.com>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   irq conflict with any pcmcia nic

Hello. I have 4.9-RC2 running on my Thinkpad R30. Last month the built-in
NIC (EtherExpress) stopped working (it's another long story) so I begin to
use pcmcia NIC.

The problem is that I tried two different NICs, both use ed and report
"device timeout". Tracking dmesg I found: (both cards show similiar dmesg)

pcic0 <02micro 6912 PCI-Cardbus Birdge> irq 6 at device 19.0 on pci0
ed0 at port 0x300-0x31f irq 6 slot 0 on pccard0

This shows an irq conflict. But I am not able to assign another irq to
pcic, compiling a "device pcic0 at isa? irq 10" kernel havn't changed
anything, irq 6 still goes to pcic0.

Neither can I assign a different irq to the nic. The pccard.conf doesn't
have irq 6 in it (actually "irq 3 5 10"). I don't know why pccardd assign
irq 6 when it is not reserved in pccard.conf.

Help really appreciated. Thank you.