Date:      Sun, 22 Dec 2002 15:29:06 -0800
From:      Gary D Kline <kline@thought.org>
To:        Sarah Woolley <sarah@ironicallyyours.org>
Subject:   Re: Any IPFW clues???

On Sun, Dec 22, 2002 at 03:21:13PM -0800, Sarah Woolley wrote:
> I had this happen to me once.  ipfw may be set to deny everything.  You'll
> probably need to make rules allowing whatever traffic you want in and out.
> Try the man pages.  They are useful.  :)

	Thanks; I'm reading the HOWTO which is equally helpful.  One
	thing wis that even tho I thought I had the kernel rebuilt
	earlier, evidently *not*

<cut-paste>

messages:154:Dec 22 13:20:36 sage /kernel: IP packet filtering initialized,
divert disabled, rule-based forwarding disabled, default to deny, logging
disabled
messages:258:Dec 22 13:28:26 sage /kernel: IP packet filtering initialized,
divert disabled, rule-based forwarding disabled, default to deny, logging
disabled
messages:362:Dec 22 13:38:43 sage /kernel: IP packet filtering initialized,
divert disabled, rule-based forwarding disabled, default to deny, logging
disabled

	About an hour ago everything was "OPEN" and DEFAULT_TO_ACCEPT.

	gary

--
   Gary Kline     kline@thought.org   www.thought.org     Public service Unix