Date:      Thu, 7 Nov 2002 09:05:40 -0500
From:      AlanE <alane@geeksrus.net>
To:        Pablo Morales <pablo.morales@abitab.com.uy>
Cc:        FreeBSD Ports List <ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: status

On Thu, Nov 07, 2002 at 09:26:13AM -0300, Pablo Morales wrote:
>the port name is cd2mp3
>thankx.

OK. This is an existing port, so please resubmit as a unified diff
against the existing port. You may append it to this pr, or you may
submit a new pr and request that the existing one be closed.

We do not accept shar files except for *new* ports. That should be
documented in the porter's handbook.

BTW I already knew the name from the PR number. I was just giving you
a hard time for not supplying what is considered usual and essential
information. If you include the PR number & the port category and name
in the subject, it will help us (committers) when we scan our incoming
mail, and we do get a lot of it, so doing little things like that means
a lot to us. Thanks.

Once we get a diff (not a shar), including the category and the portname
in the Synopsis: of the PR (which will become the subject), I'm sure
that it will be be picked up and committed.